The first school building was built in 1875 by John Bechtel beside his house. The building was the teaching place of seven students, five of them being his children. In the late 1800's, a frame school was built on the current site. It included four rooms--two floors on ground level and two on a second story. By the early 1900's, enrollment grew and more rooms were needed. Four more rooms, two on the upper level and two on the lower level, were added.
A brick school was built in 1936 to compensate for the growing number of students. In 1956, more classrooms were added, as well as a large gym with locker rooms and a small hot lunch kitchen. The stage was added a few years later.
The elementary west wing with ten classrooms was added in 1962. The band room, shop rooms, and the science, biology, and math rooms were added in the north wing. A spacious hot lunch kitchen and a multi-purpose gym were also added. The last addition was built in 1982. A new section for K-5th graders, consisting of 14 rooms, was added.